You are coming to Novi Sad for the first time and wondering how to find your way around town after stepping off the airplane? Or how to tackle the administrative issues? Or where to go out? You're thinking that every country works in its own way and you will be completely lost? Well, our own Buddy heroes are here to save you with the help of the Buddy System!
What is the Buddy System?
The Buddy System is the link between Erasmus and local students and is based on the principles of volunteer work and intercultural exchange.
Who are the Buddies?
Buddies are local students that want to welcome Erasmus students and help them get settled in Novi Sad. This can be for example by: answering questions before the arrival in Novi Sad, helping to find the way around the city, or simply by hanging out and getting an inside scoop on the local student lifestyle.
What are the Buddy's tasks?
- He or she will be your first contact and friend in Novi Sad
- Buddy will help you to prepare your arrival in Serbia
- Inform you how to get to the city from the airport and bus station
- Explains the local transportation
- Advices you about accomodation (but buddies do not find accomodation for any students!)
- Gives you basic orientation information about Novi Sad
- Explains how to register courses and any other university administration help
- Are your first best friend in Novi Sad
After submitting the application be patient. Your buddy will contact you as soon as possible. Do not stress before that and enjoy your Erasmus. Keep in touch with your buddy during the semester. Even if though you will have tons of fun with other international students, your buddy represents your best way to get to know Serbian culture and know locals people and hidden place in the city. Buddies like to travel, you will certainly have the chance to meet yours someday later in your home-town!
Keep in mind that you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of our social media pages if you have any problem with your Buddy and we will all work together to solve it. We're all in this together. :)
Get a Buddy: register as an incoming exchange student for the buddy system by following this link.